How well do you know your liver?
Your liver is one of the most important organs in your body, responsible for
- Maintaining proper digestion
- Processing medicine
- Processing carbohydrates & protein
- Metabolising fats
- Resisting infections and removing bacteria
- Eliminating waste and toxins
- Regulating blood clotting
However, despite the importance of this organ, damage and stress to the liver is often caused by negligence. Do you
- Have a tendency to overeat
- Drink alcohol regularly (Females: More than 1 drink per day Males: More than 2 drinks per day)
- Have lack of sleep
- Eat high amounts of processed food
- Consume more than 3 tablespoons of sugar daily
- Feel stressed, anxious, and depressed all the time
- Have high cholesterol
- Over-rely on western medicine and drugs
- Skip breakfast regularly
If you have ticked two or more of the above, you could be at risk of damaging your liver and developing fatty liver disease!
What is fatty liver disease?
Fatty liver is a disease that impairs the liver's functions. It used to affect mainly the middle-aged and those who drank excessively, which is why it is called Alcoholic fatty liver disease (ALD). ALD forms when the body has excess fats or is unable to metabolise fats fast enough due to the harmful properties of alcohol , which hinders the processing of fats. However, there is now a rise of youths falling victim to fatty liver disease due to unhealthy lifestyle choices such as sleeping late and a high-fat diet. These habits can eventually lead to the development of Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). NAFLD forms when there are excessive fats deposited in the liver , regardless of the amount of alcohol consumed. When not taken care of, both ALD and NAFLD can cause liver inﬂammation, liver cirrhosis, or the irreversible scarring of your liver, which can be potentially life-endangering.
What are the symptoms of fatty liver?
- Chronic fatigue, or the feeling of being tired all the time
- Nausea or vomiting
- Tendency to bruise easily
- Loss of appetite
- Abdominal pain or swelling
- Skin and eyes that appear yellowish (jaundice)
These symptoms are often dismissed as 'ﬂu' or temporary sickness when jaundice is not visible. This is especially apparent amongst the youth who are unsuspecting of liver damage as the cause of their symptoms.
Introducing LAC Activated Liver Protector, a blend of Traditional Chinese Medicinal herbs that can prevent and relieve fatty liver, promote healthy liver function and lower bad blood lipid levels. Each vegicap of LAC Activated Liver Protector contains
- Sanchi – promote blood circulation, support healthy blood lipid levels
- Turmeric, Lotus Leaf, Hawthorn Fruit - promote blood and qi circulation, aid digestion, prevent fatty liver
- Dodder Seed - enhance the liver, spleen and kidney functions
- Oriental Waterplantain Rhizome - support healthy blood lipid levels, prevent fatty liver, promote urination
- White Peony Root, Red Peony Root - promote blood circulation
- Largehead Atractylodes Rhizome - support digestion, protect liver from toxins
- Green Tangerine Peel - promote good qi ﬂow and digestion
- Chrysanthemum Flower - lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels
Defend against fatty liver with LAC Activated Liver Protector today!